Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello, D300


I'm very excited to tell you all that on Friday, the UPS man made my day when he delivered my new camera :)

It's a Nikon D300, and it is AMAZING. There are so many features on the camera, I've spent the last few days trying to get used to it. It's a whole new process! I have most of the basics down, but still have so much to learn. This camera brings me so much potential! 


Here is the difference between the D40x, and the D300. The D40x is on the left, D300 on the right. (sorry the picture is pretty bad quality. Taken with my BlackBerry)

The D300 is MASSIVE compared to the D40x! Don't get me wrong, the D40x is an AWESOME camera, and is perfect for anyone wanting to learn photography. I am keeping this camera - for backup, and to have for a second lens. I thought really hard about selling it, but I just couldn't :) it has done so much for me, and is still a great camera.

I had a pretty big debate going on in my head whether to spend my treasured saved money on a new camera body, or on a really good lens (or two). I decided to go with the camera body to be able to have much better performance at higher ISOs (my D40x gets an annoying amount of noise at ISO 800), and to use my lenses to the full potential. There are several factors that led to this camera, and I feel I made the right choice!

Now my lenses will be super sharp and amazing in all lighting situations. Baby's bedrooms? Barnes and Noble? A little after sunset? NO PROBLEM!

It's a new era for Elizabeth Kimball Photography :)

I see it being very sharp and clear.

No comments: