Tuesday, July 29, 2008

San Diego & My First Wedding Assist

WARNING! This will be a longer post than usual, but it will be fun :)
It will be full of stories from San Diego, as well as how my first wedding assist with Jennifer Bowen went (hence the 'business' and 'news' tag on this post).

Starting with San Diego...
It was an amazingly fun trip! We spent a week in a beach house (we have been doing this for several years) on Mission Beach. Throughout the week, we basically "hung out" and did random things around the area. We brought our two beach cruiser bikes, and the house we stayed in had three, so we spent much time biking around the beach boardwalk and bay. We also did a lot of shopping, and a lot of Wii Bowling (thanks Brad's family for bringing it along!). We even had a fun Wii Bowling tournament, which will continue here in Arizona. My highest score for the bowling was a 238, with my super intimidating overhand/side arm bowling technique. Sadly, I did not win the tournament. I tied for 5th place with Shelby. Not bad considering there were 9 contestants!
On Wednesday night, Brad and I visited Sea World! This was a complete BLAST! I haven't been to Sea World in quite a few years, so it felt like a whole new experience. Here are a few pictures from the evening!

This is a picture of our picture on the Journey to Atlantis ride. We are in the very back (top) row. This was in the middle of the main drop, which for those of you who have not been on the ride is equivalent to Splash Mountain. I'm not a big ride person, so I'm a little freaked out as apposed to Brad who has his "hands in the air like he just don't care!" It was a pretty fun and good ride though :)
And here I am after the ride chilling with the mermaid because I got SOAKED! 
This is my imitation of the dolphins.
And here (sideways, sorry!) is Brad 'falling' into the sting ray tank.

We had so much fun! We didn't go until the evening (the park was open until 11) so it wasn't very crowded, and it was nice and dark :) Plus, we got to see an amazing nighttime Dolphins Ignite show and Shamu Rocks show!

We also went boogie boarding plenty times and spent a lot of time on the beach. We had a ton of fun! My eyes were being extremely sensitive to the salt water, so I had to buy these really funky snorkeling goggles. I felt like a luny wearing them, but they kept my eyes fresh! :)

While we were there, I did a photo session with Shelby and with the Dausend Family. I posted a few small pictures from Shelby's session in my last post. When I get onto my desktop I'll post larger pictures from her session, as well as pictures from the Dausend's session.

So the vacation was great! But it feels good to be home.

And, the night I got home, I was very busy! I had my first wedding assist with Jennifer Bowen. It was amazing! I learned so much through observation, and had a blast. It made me want to grow into a wedding photographer even more than I already do. Thanks Jennifer for letting me come, and for all your help! She's a great lady!

As for now, I'm working very hard on 'revamping' my website. It will be the same template and colors, but with newly designed pages and fresh pictures. When it's all finished, I will let you all know.

Take care everyone! Have a great week.

No comments: